It's been over two years in the making but the African Expedition is finally here. We leave on Monday, January 17th. I have packed more cameras than clothes. Here are some of the highlights included on the tour.
• In Nairobe, the Karen Blixen Museum, home of famous novelist Karen von Blixen and dinner at the world famous Carnivore Restaurant, renowned for is variety of delicious exotic meats.
• We will go to the Mount Kenya region and stay at the Mt. Kenya Safari Club, founded in 1959 by the late film star William Holden.
• There will be numerous safaris.
• We visit the Nanyuki Spinners and Weavers
• One major highlight will be a special hot air balloon safari over the plains of the Massai Mara.
If you've been - tell me what to expect. If you have never been, tell me what you would most want to see.
We are going crazy here at TQS. While the cats away the mice will play.
We are all make HST to swap in the Sisterhood of the Traveling Triangles. I hope you guys make it back and get in on the fun.
Hope you are having a fabulous time.
Most of us will never get to do the things you are doing, so please share with us whiile you are gone. The most comon things are sometimes the most interesting to watch and read about.
Please share the everyday things with pictures and stories, Your fans appreciate the extra effort you and Alex spend being so gracious.
You have loyal fans Ricky Tims!! Alex, Justin and John too!! Have a great time.
The second time I visited, I spent more time in the villages and schools. I actually spent three days in a village -- one day with the women doing their daily chores/activiti es, one day at the local school (walked there with the kids), and one day during a holiday celebration. The people are very warm and inviting but also very poor. It was a humbling experience. Things do not make wealth...