The Ricky Tims Quilt Seminar is a unique quilting event.
Why, because you can learn more quilting tips, tech- niques, secrets, and methods than you can in a traditional sewing class! One skeptic said, “Wow! I learned so much and hands-on was not necessary. Everyone from beginners to advanced can get it. Such a variety of subjects. I’m sure glad I didn’t miss this one!”
This innovative, precept upon precept approach to teaching utilizes professional and enlightening multi-media demon- strations by three of the world's most celebrated quilting instructors. The variety of techniques and information cov- ered will inspire both traditional quilters and contemporary quilt artist. The scope of information will appeal to quilters of all levels of expertise. Regardless of your quilting style, level of expertise, or purpose for making quilts, this seminar is for you! See for yourself why thousands have said, “This is the best seminar I've EVER taken!”
Unlike traditional quilting events, you will learn from all of the instructors. The technical aspects of the seminar allow Ricky, Alex, and Libby to present a variety of exciting topics on a largescreen whereyou can see the minutest detail from the comfort of your seat.
Remember, the Ricky Tims Super Quilt Seminars are only presented in select regions. Be sure to take advantage of this opportunity while it is in your area. “Never in my twenty years of quilting have I had such a mind opening experience as the Ricky Tims Quilt Seminar.”
About the Presenters:
Ricky Tims–Six sessions
Ricky Tims has successfully blended two diverse passions into one very unique and interesting career. His
skills as a pianist, composer and producer have been evident by the thousands who have heard his music.
His success as a quilter is equally significant. He is known in the international world of quilting as an
enthusiastic and encouraging teacher, an award-winning quilter, and a talented and spellbinding speaker. He was
recently selected as one of "The Thirty Most Distinguished Quilters in the World."
Libby Lehman –Two sessions
Libby Lehman is one of the world's foremost innovators for machine stitching. Her studio artquilts have won many
awards and aredisplayed in private, corporate, and museum collections. Her quilt Joy Ridewas chosen as one
of the Best 100 American Quilts of the 20th Century. In addition to making quilts, most of her time is spent teaching, judging & lecturing in the US as well as internationally.
Alex Anderson –Two sessions
Alex Anderson is known the world over as host of HGTV's Simply Quilts. Her numerous best-selling quilting books have made her one of the most published authors in quilt history.
She is an award-winning quilter who loves to hand quilt. Her ultimate goal is simple - to educate and encourage those who are interested in quilting and to do it in such a way that makes it easy to comprehend and understand.
What is a Ricky Tims Quilt Seminar?
•Not missing out because you wereput on the waiting list.
•Not having to gather items for a class supply list
•Not having to haul a sewing machine to class
•Not worrying about irons blowing power circuits
•Not having to measure, cut, or sew in a tiny, shared table space.
•Not fretting that you brought the wrong fabrics for the project.
•Not feeling the pressure of keeping up with your neighbor.
The seminar registration fee includes entry to all sessions, the seminar syllabus, the quilt show of award-winning quilts by the presenters, the Ricky Tims' concert, and the opportunity for chatting and autographs with Ricky, Alex, and Libby.
How you will feel if you let this opportunity slip away...
- Quilting Caveman Style
- An improvisational approach to piecing without templates, measuring, or sewing quarter-inch seams.
- Convergence Quilts
- Magical, mysterious, easy, and fun art quilts.
- Out of Your Mind?
- Learn the design elements of art and create your own original quilts. This study applies to both traditional quilters and art quitlers.
- Rhapsody Quilts
- Create your own formal, multi-technique, innovative and original quilt, with flowing curvesthat are mirrored and reversed to create perfectly balanced symmetry.
- No Pins Curves
- That’s right, no pins!
- Setting-in Corners and Circles
- Imagine sewing a circle into a hole! Not appliquéd
- Magical Marking TechniquesThis will change your life!
- Heirloom Machine Quilting Secrets
- What batting? What is the best design?
- How can you manage a large quilt?
- Award-winning Machine Applique
- Learn to Outline Appliqué for finesse and
- Scribble Applique to create wonderful
- landscape expressions.
- Kool Kaleidoscope Quilts
- A Kaleidoscope quilt that is easy and accessible for all quilters.
- Spectacular Piped Bindings These time-saving and breathtaking bindings are put on entirely by machine.
- Bobbinwork Basics
- Learn to work upside down and use spectacular threads.